Do you have a particular thing you love? That you just can not walk past? I am like this with a few things, chairs, china, and….doors! I adore old doors! And they are so versatile in upcycling. Today I have gathered 10 ways to upcycle old doors. It is easy to find a tonne of old doors at the local salvage yard, on gumtree and eBay and also at garage sales. I have found some on the side of the road, and via some vintage stores. You can just leave them as you find them, or paint them to create a new look. They can be used for shelves, tables, bedheads, bookcases, creating outdoor areas and more. Take a look at the following for some inspiration. Which is your favourite? And do you have a project to share?
Drop me a line and we will let people know all about it!
1) Hall stands made from old doors – pic via bystephanielynn
2) Door Porch Swing via Kuttlefish
3) Garden gates by one of our lovely community members, Will & Maddy Marx of GHIFY
4) Fabulous chalkboard door upcycle- see more on Sweet Pickins
5) Door to coffee table – see more at Sweet Pickins
6) Coat hanger in my bedroom from an old barn door
7) Old doors turned into a garden patio via JunkyJoey
8)Fabulous upcycled door shelving via bulb to blossom – full project here
9)Upcycled door into a room divider via Recyclart
Upcycled door into a room divider via Recyclart