Sponsored by The Bower
Love your vintage as much as we do? Retro. Vintage. Unique. That’s what you’ll find at The Bower’s brand new online store!
A long time supporter of The Bower Reuse Centre & Repair Centre, we are very excited to see this launch of their online store. The Bower team have been beavering away to build a new online store filled with an eclectic range of items including collectible china, vintage hand tools, antique radiograms and 1970’s vinyl records. You’ll feel like you’re wandering through The Bower itself when you browse their wares online.
The Bower’s Online Store showcases their ongoing commitment to being the place where secondhand comes first.
The Bower Reuse & Repair Centre is an environmental charity and cooperative committed to reducing waste going to landfill. With shopfronts in Marrickville and Parramatta, they sell furniture, appliances, household goods, salvaged building materials, bikes, books and more. And now with the online store they are bigger and better than ever! It’s a treasure trove of delights with new items arriving daily. You never know what you’ll find – all at incredibly low prices.
The Bower tries to showcase and educate about reuse and repair in everything they do and their shopfronts are great examples of this. Not just any building, The Bower (Marrickville) is housed in what is believed to be Sydney’s first straw bale building and is still its only commercial one. Designed and built by the members, it is an evolving showcase of sustainable systems and techniques. One of our favourite projects was their tiny house collaboration with James the Upcyclist. See the post here.
- Reduce the amount of `hard waste’ going to landfill through education, repair, reuse and resale.
- Raise awareness of the value of waste reduction.
- Advocate for long life design, repairable products and the use of sustainable, recyclable materials for appliances and furnishings.
- Encourage community awareness of environmentally responsible design and manufacture.
- Provide affordable goods to low-income earners and other disadvantaged groups in the community.
- Involve the community in the development and achievement of these objectives.
- Generate employment opportunities and skills training in the community.
- Contribute to the social and environmental sustainability of the Sydney community via these objectives.
You can check out their growing range of online wares here