Healthy Planet, Healthy People, Healthy Home: Create a Sustainable Home You Love – eBook Edition
or 4 payments of $4.99 with Afterpay
99 in stock
I am so very excited to announce that my latest eBook – Healthy Planet, Healthy People, Healthy Home: Create a Sustainable Home You Love” is HERE! I am very proud of this project and it has taken more than a year in the making. The eBook edition contains bonus content from one of Australia’s most loved cooks – Maggie Beer. This is not available in the print edition.
Who Is The Book For?
You And Me!
This book is really for everyone!
- We all need to understand how to be more sustainable in our homes and our lives
- It is something anyone will benefit from, and you will take away inspiration and ideas for your home and your life
- Take the time to spend time on you – your health and wellbeing & integral to the health of our planet – it is all connected
Builders & Decorators
In particular this book is for you, if you are interested in:
- designing, building or renovating your home;
- want a broad overview of passive design;
- ideas about how to use less energy in your home, solar energy and home battery storage; and
- how to be more mindful in your decorating
Gardeners And Cooks
If you want to take more time to have a hands on approach to your lifestyle you will find:
- Basic advice on gardening and composting at home;
- Information about the importance of bees in your garden;
- Information & guides about sustainable food;
- Tips on waste management & more
- Take more time to have a hands on approach to your lifestyle with craft, DIY and cooking;
- Make, mend and upcycle;
- Try a range of craft & upcycling projects shared by some clever creatives; and
- Feel more empowered to make changes in your life
Easy To Read
The eBook is easy to read with beautiful photographs, and will leave you inspired with:
- Stories from a range of fabulous people about being more conscious of our planet, including Maggie Beer & Barry DuBois
- Expert tips and guides;
- House tours; and
- DIY, upcycling projects & delicious recipes
The book includes Design, Build, Decorate; Grow, Cook, Eat; and Create, Make, Do It Yourself. A jam packed book at 226 pages, it is no little PDF download! But rather a substantial resource for you to keep and use in your home and your life. It mixes stories with tips and guides, house tours, DIY and upcycling projects you can try, and a few delicious recipes – to help you move towards a more sustainable home you love. It is not about being a hippie living off-grid, unless that’s what you love. It’s about EVERYONE making small changes to pack a powerful punch. We are all different and we are all the same.
“Over the past few years the idea that the way we humans live our lives impacts on the world and everything in it has been a much explored theme in new literature in all modes. This new text by Helen Edwards of Recycled Interiors is a beautiful book, a good read, accessible and easy to dip into. Helen blends her own distilled thoughts, developed through years of blogging and research, with material from contributors, quoted material from the great thinkers of the world, and beautifully composed photographs. Written from the heart, Helen has produced a work which speaks to us all about the importance of even our smallest actions”.
Helen Wilde – B. A., B.Ed., Dip T (sec.)
I’m a newbie to all things sustainable, but Helen’s book had my interest piqued from the start. She covers lots of areas of sustainability – cooking, gardening, furniture restoration, and sustainable decorating – and makes some great points about the benefits of these practices, backed up with facts about environmental impacts. Would recommend her book to anyone looking for a simple, common-sense guide to sustainability – Bridgett McDonald, The Able Editor
- Stories from the various contributors and myself, about our journey to a more sustainable home we love
- Learn more about sustainable building and design
- Get the basics on why you should have a home garden, how to start composting and why your food source and waste is so critical to our planet
- Learn some great DIY, upcycling and craft projects
- Improve your health and wellbeing, and the health of our planet, through the growing, cooking and eating of food and grab a few old fashioned, yummy recipes from our contributors
- Create a more sustainable home you can love, the way you like to decorate, with the things you like to have around you – making it your own, not something out of a magazine
- Have fun and see the impact you can have on the planet, in making, creating and doing it yourself
- Take a peek into some beautiful homes with house tours, to see what a sustainable home might look like
- The idea is not to turn you all into hippies living off the grid (unless that is what you want!) but to help you look at what simple changes you can make, to create a more sustainable home, and a more sustainable planet.
“I’ve just had the pleasure of a sneak peek at Helen’s new book ‘Healthy Planet, Healthy People, Healthy Home’, and I am so impressed. In true ‘Think Global, Act Local’ style, the book is full of information, tips and actionable steps to help you move towards a more sustainable way of life. Helen’s simple and achievable approach is inspiring and motivating, and her passion for our planet and its people shines through. What a great read for anyone who is looking to make changes, big or small, towards a more sustainable way of living” – Julie Chasing Spring
“Helen’s dedication to Recycled Interiors encourages the human race to practice sustainable living, share ideas & have tons of fun along the way. Vale Helen Edwards you are a blessing.” Kym Shaw –Mile High Vintage
“Sustainability is about more than just environmental impacts – it’s about the health and social impacts as well. It’s great to see a resource that takes this kind of holistic approach to sustainable living, and all from inside the comfort of your own home!” Emma Berthold – Good Environmental Choice Australia
**The eBook will be sent to you via a special download link after you place your order