How to Create a Dipped Feet Chair
There is nothing like a good DIY to get your creative juices going, and here is an update of a project we shared a while back, from DIY extraordinaire Natasha Dickins from Little Red Industries – how to create a dipped feet chair. Natasha starred as DIY and craft presenter for The Living Room Series 1 on Network Ten and had a six-year stint as editor of Handyman Magazine, where she regularly inspired radio listeners around the country to roll up their sleeves and get handy.
How to Upcycle a Dip Feet Chair
Dipped legs are very on trend at the moment and this step by step challenge will take you through renovating the chair and creating the coloured feet. You can use any chair or any colours you would like and follow along with the techniques.
1) Clean and smooth using a sanding block with 80 grit abrasive paper
2) go over entire surfaces with 120 grit paper to ensure smoothness
3) wipe the chair all over to remove dust
4) use a 3 in 1 spray primer all over (this is in a sanding booth) outside wearing a mask.
5) lightly sand all over using 240 grit abrasive paper
6) spray twice all over with a matt white, leaving about an hour between coats
7) TIP lay the chair down so you can apply the tape evenly
8) use painters tape to mark off the socks about 20mm down from the rails.
9) recycle small bags by cutting a hole for a leg to go through and use masking tape to secure
10) spray the legs holding the can about 250mm away doing a very light coat, waiting for 10 mins then misting with another light coat until fully covered.
12) tap in gliders to protect the chair and the floor
Have you created a great DIY project you would love to share? We are on the hunt for regular features so please drop me a line!
** updated post, originally posted with permission from Little Red Industries
Leave a Comment