10 Upcycled Christmas Decoration Ideas
Do you have a family tradition when it comes to Christmas decorations? We have decorations which are inherited from my late mother in law, ones made by all the boys, and some from the op shop. Today we are sharing some great ideas from our Recycled Interiors community with 10 Upcycled Christmas Decoration Ideas.
Upcycled Cardboard Stars – from the Upcycle Bandwagon
Upcycled Blanket Christmas decorations – the Upcycle Bandwagon
1. Get an old blanket, double over and cut out a tree shape or circle shape so you have two of each shape.
2. Sew buttons on one side of the tree then join together both sides with a blanket stitch using a bright coloured wool. Do the same with the circle but leave a small gap to add some stuffing (I used old fabric scraps). Once stuff sew over the gap.
3. Put a small hole in the top with a large needle and tie with some twine or ribbon to hang on the tree.
Handmade Aussie Christmas Stockings – by Sue
- Make a template
- Make outer and inner lining
- Embellish with thick Ric Rac
- Add ribbon for hanging
- Add a treat to go inside!
Handmade Stick Angels – from Kaye
Handmade Origami Stars from Homemade Gifts Made Easy
Love these! See how to make them here at Homemade Gifts Made Easy
Upcycled timber Christmas Tree Decorations by Marli
Made from timber around Marli’s farm – LOVE!
Handmade Jute & Pine Cone Christmas decoration
Use an old decoration or a ball or some type and wrap with jute twine or string, glue to the ball. Then glue on pieces of pine cone.
Handmade Fabric Tree
I have no idea how to make this but it looks great! I presume there is a centrpiece and you create the leaves with fabric and glue to the centrepiece – if you have any ideas how to do it please share!
Handmade Fabric Heart Christmas decoration
Cut out template for the heart shape, fill with old pieces of rag in strips, stitch together and sew on a button!
Very cool little trees.
Super cute U0001f384U0001f384U0001f49c
I made these yesterday as a distraction from the heat! A Jane Austen book recycled into lovely decorations for a friend’s outdoor Christmas Day.
Angela Cesarec your tree next year!
Ha ha what a great idea. We have plenty of wood in the backyard!
Gorgeous! Here’s a link to the crochet love hearts I made for the tree and to decorate gifts 🙂
thanks for sharing!
thanks for sharing
Saskia Sparshott youd be clever at this!! Can imagine u knocking this up…
Woohoo! More crafty fun for us!
Here’s my tree 🙂
It’s my favourite Christmas thing!