Blitz2Go Green Vegie Smoothie & Berry Coulis Sauce
I have been getting a lot of ongoing interest and comments on my Blitz2Go Blender recipe posts. This nifty little processor is getting lots of people excited about smoothies.
So here is an update on my recipe adventures.
My Green Vegie Smoothie and Berry Simple Coulis
Now not all of my recipe adventures have been great! That is part of the fun, experimenting. Here is a recipe I made with vegies that was really, honestly, bloody awful! But the next time I tried it was a lot better.
Recipe 1- Helen’s Green Vegie Smoothie.
1/2 an avocado
A few leaves of Spinach (or kale which I wanted but they did not have at the time)
Celery – a stick or two
Green apple x 1
1 cucumber – a small one
water (added to preferred consistency part way through blitzing) + 3 cubes of ice
Method (this was a trial by method in that version 1 did not work, after adding the yoghurt and honey version 2 did!)
1) Scrape out half an avocado into the container
2) Chop 1 – 1.5 sticks of celery (remember the container only takes 600 ml – I did not remember this and had to adjust amounts!)
3) chop up some cucumber – I used only half of the smaller one
4) chop up some spinach – I got carried away! It was probably about a couple of tablespoons ended up in there
5) Chop up a green apple – now I added half to start with, but ended up adding in the other half after the first blitz
6) Chop up a small knob of ginger (peeled) and throw in too
7) Add a couple of ice cubes
6) Blitz! Ok, so I tried blitzing here – I added a couple of ice cubes but it was far too full and not moving! I shook it and tried again, but it was far too solid. I then emptied a third of the contents out and added about half a cup of water.
LESSON – Don’t overfill the container!!
At first – it looked and tasted terrible! Far too many lumps and not the right taste balance. So I thought I would add a bit more water, made no difference, it just stayed thick. I thought of adding some orange juice and had bought an organic pouch for another recipe, and some natural yoghurt to smooth out the texture. I put the orange juice in and THEN read the use by date…yep out of date…so I tossed it and gave up…momentarily!
There was still a glass of the original. I can make this WORK I thought! I knew it was close.
I threw in 4 tablespoons of the natural yoghurt and a good teaspoon of honey, plus 2 more ice cubes – blitzed again and it was great!
The key is clearly making sure there is milk, yoghurt or some other ingredient that actually makes it a smoothie rather than just a vegie mash! Without things like bananas or other soft fruits, this seems very important. I found the end result to be refreshing, slightly sweet but not really very much, an edge of ginger and the tang of the natural yoghurt. You could make it sweeter with more honey and zingier with a little more ginger. With all the chopping and changing (excuse the pun!) I am not totally sure of the exact ingredient amounts at the end sorry! But I do think this is also a feel your way to some degree to see what you prefer. Suffice to say the ingredients did seem to work well together and I drank the lot!
Recipe 2 – “Berry Simple Couli”
A couli is basically a sauce – I decided to have a go at a dessert rather than a drink and just went with my gut on the ingredient mix!
1) Throw in a heap of mixed frozen berries (about half the 600 ml container). Fresh would be fine too but frozen gives a nice consistency and burst of coolness if you eat is straight away, as well as holding together well.
2) Throw in some vanilla yogurt to almost fill the container (about 2-3 tablespoons) or natural if you prefer, I usually use natural and wanted to try this to add a little bit of the vanilla flavour to the mix
3) Throw in a couple of scoops of dark chocolate gelati
End result – I could not resist that Lemon Gelati when I was putting the dark chocolate in so I added it to that, but you could use it on vanilla ice cream, a fruit pie or baked cheesecake etc
What do you think? Are you a sweet tooth or does the Green Vegie smoothie sound ok to you? Have you had any experiments go wrong with a smoothie?
Love to hear what you have been making and share some recipe ideas
** I was gifted a Blitz2Go Blender a few years back but was not sponsored to write the reviews 🙂
yummo signed up and thanks for the giveaway 🙂
excellent and good luck!! 🙂 thanks for reading
Both sound great. Greens are so good for your health and berries are so delicious. Great way to get your nutrients for the day
thank you for reading and commenting Vija! I totally agree and it is so much fun experimenting with different ideas!
I’ve subscribed. Thank you for the opportunity. I really need something to kickstart a healthier me x
you are welcome, this is such a popular product! And it really is so important to look after yourself – I will be running more features on a healthier you this year so stay tuned! x
Signed up and will enjoy reading your new letter and fingers crossed I would love to win the Blitz2Go prize,that would be a bonus, Cheers Helen
thanks for coming across Helen! Good luck and I hope you enjoy being part of the Recycled Interiors community 🙂
Wow, this would be amazing, yt would really help me keep on track with healthy eating that’s for sure. Your berry coulis looks delicious too!
thanks Jess 🙂 It is so important to have food that is not just healthy but easy to prepare and tastes good! None of us wants to be deprived of yumminess!
That is a fantastic device. Love your page!
thanks so much Raesheal! Much appreciated and thank you for taking time to comment 🙂
Oh I haven’t seen this blender before, looks amazing!!
glad you have found something new then Sarah! It is a wonderful machine! Thanks for reading and commenting 🙂
I leave for work quite early – I could blitz up a smoothie and drink it on the run! Very nifty blender.
definitely, it is very quick and you can grab and go! 🙂
signing up, yum 🙂
excellent! welcome and good luck 🙂
Have just joined. Thanks so much for the yummy recipes. Looking forward to making them!!!
welcome! 🙂 lovely to have you here! I will be sharing more recipes (not just blender ones) over the year so stay tuned!
Wow I would love to win one of these, it would enable me to make smoothies at work in a jiffy with ease.
VERY easy! Good luck and welcome 🙂