It’s just over a month until The Rebels of Mount Buffalo will be released officially into the world! After a long time researching, writing, editing, dreaming, interviewing, planning and working hard with my talented publisher on making the book the best it could be, it feels as if we are standing on the edge of The Gorge at Mount Buffalo, looking out across the ocean of clouds, almost ready to launch!
I have been working with some lovely people to arrange a series of events from 10th – 17th October across North East Victoria and into NSW at Albury, followed by my Adelaide launch on 29th October. With support especially from the lovely team at Edgars Books and News in Wangaratta, we are ready to roll on the Buffalo Rebels Book Tour!
Buffalo Rebels Book Tour Details
- Tuesday 10th October: School visits to Myrtleford P12 College and Bright P-12 College.
- Wednesday 11th October: Official launch at the Mount Buffalo Chalet! Come inside the bottom areas of the Chalet, grab a cuppa and chat with me about the book, the history behind it and explore this magical place. The granddaughter of Guide Alice will also be talking about her memories of her grandmother, as well as some local experts on Mount Buffalo and the history of the region. Book here. Tickets are limited.
- Thursday 12th October: I will be visiting Yarrawonga College, to speak to one of my Author penpal classes (I can’t wait to meet them!) along with three other year 5/6 classes. The event is supported by Yarrawonga News and Gifts, who will be there to sell copies of The Rebels of Mount Buffalo.
- Friday 13th October: I will be visiting Albury and popping into bookshops (details of timing to follow), and presenting a session at the Lavington Library to the Junior Book Club and members of the public between 4-5pm. Details will be shared via Lavington library very soon.
- Saturday 14th October: 10-11am I will be talking at the Bright Library, 11.30am I will be signing books and chatting with people who pop into the Bright Newsagency, 3-4 pm I will be at Beechworth Books to give a short talk, sign books and chat with people.
- Monday 16th October: I will be in Wangaratta for the day visiting schools, with support from Edgars Books and News (who have been amazing!). Details on schools and times to come and there may be spots open to members of the public.
- Tuesday 17th October: I will be visiting Tatura Sacred Heart school on my way back to Adelaide to meet my other Author penpals class!
- Sunday 29th October: Adelaide launch at Burnside Library from 2-4pm. Further details will be shared soon via the library and my website.
I can’t wait to get on the road to share Clara and Alice’s story, chat about nature, magic and history, and see my book fly out into the world. Thank you to everyone who has helped me to get to this point. I am overwhelmed with the warm support I have received and how welcoming the schools, bookshops and libraries have been in opening their doors to share The Rebels of Mount Buffalo with their communities.
I will be supported by my Rebels Road Crew on this wonderful adventure – my husband John and son Maxwell – who will be carrying things, taking photos and video, selling books, keeping me fed and watered, making me laugh, giving the best hugs, climbing the trails at Mount Buffalo with me, and keeping me grounded by being their wonderful selves.
You can pre-order your copies here.
Rebels, here we come!