Tips & Inspiration for Vintage Decorating
Do you love a good potter at home? I love it so much that it is really one of my main activities! Faffing about and moving furniture is a big passion and this weekend I rearranged the lounge room on a whim. I also love creating and styling beautiful images which often just end up on Instagram. Which is great, but today I thought I would share a bit of a look at some of my home and recent vintage flatlays for your inspiration. Hope you like them!
And Some Tips & Inspiration for Vintage Decorating
- Don’t be afraid to use unusual objects in your styling and vignettes. You can include items such as old bottles, dried flowers and pieces of fabric, to create layers of stories and textures
- Add visual interest with texture and colour – organic materials such as leaves, bark and fresh and dried flowers make a beautiful statement
- Add some new pieces from local makers and fairtrade businesses to create that perfect blend of old and new
- Use old suitcases and boxes for storage
- Clocks are brilliant and often easy to find in op shops and vintage stores
- Did I mention flowers? Flowers, flowers and more flowers!
- Mix rough with smooth, square with round and old with new. Add pattern and colour but be sure to have neutrals to balance the look
Awesome, thanks hon! xx
I had a dressing table just like this one, growing up, it had a mirror , It held a lot of memories from different members of my family who had it in their room , over the years
how wonderful. This has an amazing mirror we need to fix a little of the structure to pop back U0001f60a
Gorgeous dresser ..
Isn’t it wonderful
Love old suitcases they store our goodies and look great in decorating that unused spot. Ps even for storing Christmas decorations.
Aren’t they fabulous
I lov old cases like these xx would look good in my cane hutch Wendy xx
Love love love this dressing table
Love the lampshade
me too love horses 🙂
I would kill for those lamps they would match my horse cushions
I indulged and am buying this new/old piece of furniture so I will be rearranging to accommodate 🙂
thank you U0001f60a
oh how cool! !!
Love this room
Samara Lee your dresser with no mirror???
LOVE your work Helen!
I collect any old things that take my fancy.
thanks Brenda Hill!!! me too!